Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 27, 2011

Tche-Tche Boulevard - In Al Raha Mall



One Thursday afternoon after I picked up my wife from work, we decided to drop by AL Raha Mall and have a snack.  Al Raha Mall is just on the highway side going to Abu Dhabi (click the link for Mall website, you can see how to get there on the Mall Direction section http://www.al-rahamall.com/).  So we drove down from her office in Aldar HQ to the mall. As I look for a parking spot, four Al Raha Boys came rushing to greet us, well not actually, they are asking if I want to have my car washed (maybe they noticed it's a little bit dirty, and it’s not really a car wash but a car wipe since it's waterless J). So, I said yes and asked the guy how long it would take, he said 20 minutes and the cost is 20 Dirhams(does that equate to 1 dirham per minute? anyway…). While the other guy is throwing words at him which I don't understand , probably "Hindi" and maybe they're fighting about whose turn it is to wash, my wife told him that we'll be back after one hour because we're going to eat at the mall, then we can pay him since we don't have loose change, he agreed and we went our way to the restaurant (people here are more trusting compared to where I live).  We decided to eat at this restaurant which has an odd name -- Tche-Tche Boulevard.  It's a Jordanian cafe which branched out here in the UAE(according to their website).  Now Tche-Tche from where I live (Philippines) is actually a very common name or nick-name for a small girl usually from Cherry but I'm not saying that the owner's name is Cherry ok? The location of the restaurant inside the mall is actually hidden if you'll enter from the main entrance but is easily seen from the back parking lot of the mall.  As we enter the cafe we were initially greeted by a lovely flower decoration center piece, followed by a couple of greetings from the crew.  It's actually a warm welcome I would say.  We chose our seat and were presented the menu. 

What can I say initially about the place? Awesome! Though it seems hidden from inside the mall, the cafe is actually strategically placed to have a clear view of the outside surroundings since they have a full glass wall.  We actually chose to sit where we can see the view of the Aldar HQ building, the Al Raha Residential Bldg.  and the beach (see picture below).  But since it's still early when we got there the sun is striking us from the back, so after taking some photos while we wait for our order we moved to a cozier part of the cafe.  The cafe is quite spacious and I just love the high ceiling design, very good for the claustrophobic type which I am a little bit of but not too big for the agoraphobic so no need to fear.   


What did we order? I don't know if you will call this a snack or a dinner since the servings are really large at least for us, we have small stomach (I bet my wife will disagree haha).  I don't really recall the exact names now, which I regret but we ordered caezar salad, pasta with white sauce and broccoli bits, pizza, some shakes, burger and potato wedges.  The food is really good.  The first thing I said literally when I tasted the pasta is "Is this heaven?" . It was soooo goood! They did a good job with the pizza as well, it did not go hard or stale even if it got cold already. The dough still remained soft and the texture remained nice.  And oh! The salad, it's perfect.  The vegetables are really fresh and crunchy and the flavours are full. Not to forget the shake I ordered, it's a signature of the cafe called tche-tche, a mix of berries in really creamy smoothy. Plus the presentation is excellent!




We didn't finish all the food not because it's not good but because they served a good amount that we we're so full, we're three by the way.  

Overall, it's an excellent first time at the cafe.  Would I go back there on purpose? Definitely!!!  So if you would like to learn more about the cafe you can visit their website at http://www.tchetchecafe.com/

Burp! And oh! to continue my story. We headed back to the parking lot to find my car wash 3/4 finished.  I think he did it on purpose to make sure we'll pay haha!  So after some finishing touches and wipes, we paid the guy and headed home.

P.S.

If you've been to this place (Tche-Tche).. Or if you have been to a nice place in Al Raha Mall, please share your experience and let us know your thoughts by leaving a comment. Thanxz!

No comments:

Post a Comment