Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The (Aldar) HQ Building


The ALDAR HQ . One of the great architectural wonders in Abu Dhabi U.A.E.!!! Some call it the “Panadol” (pill) building, or the One Dirham tower! :)

When I first came to the UAE as a tourist I landed in Dubai Airport.  The morning I got there my cousin who lives there for quite some time took me right away to some amazing places in Dubai, like the Burj Al Arab (the 7 star hotel shaped like a sail, Dubai mall (where you can see a very big aquarium), Atlantis (hotel with water rides and aquarium as well).  Then we drove down to Abu Dhabi, where on our way I saw this building which is still being built, the inner building was finished, the outer circle frame is being patched with glasses.  Of course I thought of visiting it and have some photos of me with it. After a year of completion, I haven't had the chance to get there since they said that it is a very strict place and only people working there can access the place.

One day, my wife came with a news that their office is shifting to this building! Yay! I can go there now and take some photos! So everyday as I pick up my wife from work, I get the chance of seeing as close as I can this magnificent architectural wonder here in Abu Dhabi. While waiting for her, I took some shots and got this idea of posting it on the web, then the idea became a blog as I roam the UAE.

What they said about this place being strict is quite true. Well, not military strict though. I mean, parking is strict, like now I can no longer park in front of the building while waiting for my wife.  I need to go to the designated parking area on the other side.  What else? One day while waiting for my wife, my sister and law and I decided to take some pictures of her. While posing and moving from one spot to another, we got to the side of the building. Suddenly a security guard approached us and told us not to go further because tourists are not allowed there.  (Good thing the last time I did I wasn't caught, that's why you have those pictures up there hehe).

Here's a video:



1 comment:

  1. That picture will be considered as a rare photo for you then. I wonder why they become so strict all of a sudden.

    property shop real estate

    ReplyDelete